Opportunity Indianapolis is a two-day crash course in the issues facing the greater Indianapolis community — such as arts, culture, downtown development, sports and transit — and the people working on them. Whether you’re new to Indianapolis or you’re just looking for ways to become more involved, this program provides participants with valuable insight and a newfound network of civic-minded individuals who want to make a difference.
The OI experience doesn’t just benefit participants. For businesses that are increasingly investing in a mobile workforce, Opportunity Indianapolis helps employees feel more connected to the larger Indianapolis community. The program’s design creates a connective tissue that helps people find meaning in both the work they do and the community leadership they may get involved with. People often say they are inspired and energized by Opportunity Indianapolis as they learn things about the city that they didn’t know before. And they see how they can make a difference. This is great for people who have just moved to Indianapolis as well as those who have more time to get involved in the community but don’t know where to start. People who go through the program leave with a larger network of civic-minded individuals who want to make a difference.
This year’s speakers include:
- Kiera Amstutz, President and CEO – Indiana Humanities (SKL Class XXVI)
- Ebony Armstrong, Director of Events, Activations and Venues – Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Malina Simone Bacon, Founder – GANGGANG (OI, SKL Class XXXIX)
- Lesley Gordon, Chief Public Affairs Officer – IndyGo (OI, Civic Boot Camp)
- Marisol Gouveia, Director of Engagement – Indiana Humanities (OI, SKL Class XLI, LI Board Member)
- Channie Jones, Director of Equity Partnerships – Indy Arts Council
- Sarah Myer, Senior Director, Communications & Marketing – Indiana Sports Corp (SKL Class XLII, LI Board Member)
- Taylor Schaffer, President & CEO – Downtown Indy, Inc. (SKL Class XLIV)
- Joel Zawacki, Assistant General Manager of Corporate Sales & Marketing – Indianapolis Indians
Questions about Opportunity Indianapolis? Contact Beth Perdue Outland at email@example.com.